PLEASE BE REMINDED
STUDENT ATHLETES THAT WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS, CHEERLEADING, HI-STEPPERS OR WEIGHT LIFITING
MUST HAVE AN OHSAA PHYSICAL ON FILE BEFORE STARTING ANY ATHLETIC PROGRAM.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Make sure your copy of your physical form is current.
- Physicals are good for one calendar year.
- Physicals must be completed, signed and dated by a licensed physican.
- Make sure all pages are complete and signed by the athlete and the parent.
- You may go to your doctor, the free clinic, or a local Urgent Care for a physical.
- Make sure the physical is recorded on an OHSAA Physical form. See the link above for an OHSAA physical form or you may get a physical form outside room 341 or in your school office.
IMPORTANT FORMS AND INFORMATION
- OHSAA Preseason meeting
- OHSAA physical form and concussion information sheet and sign off
- Emergency medical form and Insurace coverage form (pdf)
- Eligibility Guidelines and Checklist
- OHSAA transfer bylaws
- Eligibility Guidelines four counselors
BOTH THE IMPACT TEST AND THE COMPLETION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO BEGINNING PRACTICE
- Click here to go to the Cleveland Clinic ImPACT Test for baseline concussion data.
- Impact Test Completion form (Remember to look for yourn passport number at the end of your impact test)
Students must be academically eligible at the beginning of the sports season. This will be determined through the student athlete's report card from the previous report period.
Minimum requirements: 2.0 and NO 'F's
Students must maintain academic eligibility. This is achieved through the use of weekly eligibility cards signed and dated by their current teacher and monitored by the athletes coach and athletic director.
No student may participate in an athletic scrimmage or competition without being approved academically eligible.
Bylaw 4 - Student Eligibility OHSAA guidelines
UH and the Cleveland Browns
Sport Medicine Program Playbook
Copyright 2008. John Hay Athletic Department, All Rights Reserved.